The Ripley Township takes immense pride in commemorating the fallen during the Remembrance period.
This year, the Remembrance Parade will take place on Sunday 13th November 2022. The parade will start in the Co-op Car Park on Derby Road at 1035hrs and make its way to All Saints' Church on Church Street in Ripley for a service in the Churchyard, led by Rev John Wigram. This service will incorporate the two-minute silence and wreath laying at the memorial.
You will be able to download the Order of Service here soon.
2. Civic VIP's (Mayor), King's representatives and Councillors
3. RBL and Women's Section Standards
4. Standards of other ex-Service associations (RNA, Army, RAFA)
5. Regular Forces (RN, Army, RAF)
6. Territorial and reserve forces
7. Ex-Service contingents
8. Uniformed Public Services (police, fire brigade, ambulance service, St. John Ambulance, Red Cross etc.)
9. Youth organisations (led by Service cadets, then uniformed organisations followed by non-uniformed bodies)
10. Members of the public (who are invited to participate in the public Remembrance event).
After the Church service
The parade will leave the Churchyard and congregate on Moseley Street to make its way back through town (down Church Street, up Grosvenor Road, along Market Place around the back of the Town Hall and onto Ripley Market Place for the official Dismissal.
Order of Services will be handed out at the service, however, there may not be enough to go around everyone. You can download it to your mobile to follow at the event.
To ensure the safety of people taking part in the parade and for members of the public who come along to support Remembrance, road closures have to be put in place for a short while for the duration of the event. There will be a dedicated team of people at each junction where the road is closed and the closure will be clearly signposted.