About the role:
You will be part of a small team working together in the Ripley Town Council office based at 6, Grosvenor Road Ripley. You will greet members of the public visiting the office and help with their enquiries. You will also receive and direct telephone calls.
Your main duties will be:
• to manage the bookings diary for Greenwich Community Centre, Nottingham Road, Ripley.
• to issue and receive booking forms
• to receive and record payments for regular and event bookings
• to liaise with the Caretaker to arrange access arrangements for hirers
• liaise with the Caretaker to ensure cleaning time is scheduled between bookings
• Lastly, you will provide cover for the Town Clerk and Deputy Clerk for absence and during very busy times.
You will also offer administrative support to the Town Clerk and the Deputy Clerk and attend Ripley Town Council events (which may be outside normal working hours).
Hours: 20 hours per week worked flexibly to suit the successful candidate and the needs of the team.
Salary: LC1 (13-17) starting at £11.97 per hour - (£12,449) per annum. Subject to 2022 pay review. You will be eligible to join the Pension Scheme and receive a generous annual leave entitlement.
Annual Leave entitlement: 112 hours per year, plus Bank Holidays.
Location: Ripley Town Council, 6, Grosvenor Road, Ripley, Derbyshire, DE5 3JF.
Closing Date for applications: Monday 15th August 2022 at 12pm.
Interviews will be held on: Wednesday 24th August 2022
There are two ways to apply for this position:
1. Download an application form and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form below and complete it electronically (hand written application will not be accepted). Email it back to email@example.com or post them to us:
Ripley Town Council,
6, Grosvenor Road,
2. Or you can apply online, please see below.
Please note applications must be made on the Ripley Town Council application form / online form and be received by the above deadline, in order to be considered.
Ripley Town Council is committed to promoting diversity in the workplace and to equality of opportunities and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults.
If you have a specific question regarding this post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
CV’s will not be accepted.
We look forward to hearing all about you and what you can bring to Ripley Town Council.